Bradley Theobald, Principal of Theobald Associates
Direct Tel: +44 (0) 20 3747 3819
Mobile Tel: +44 (0) 7971 876 539
Bradley is a solicitor qualified in England and Wales maintaining a general corporate practice with particular expertise in the fields of corporate structuring, mergers and acquisitions and corporate fundraising (both debt and equity) for a wide range of clients, both public and private.
In this regard, Bradley has built a strong reputation for being able to successfully negotiate and conclude deals on behalf of clients in a pragmatic and amicable manner, securing both the transaction in question and the relationship between the parties moving forward.
The significant number of transactions concerning life sciences upon which Bradley has acted have provided him with a well-developed and regarded knowledge of market practices and client needs within the sector, particularly in terms of acting for research based spin-out entities and venture-backed research companies through their complete lifecycle.
Whilst Bradley’s practice has involved advising a wide variety of clients including governments of developing and G8 nations, multinational corporates, emerging and early-stage companies operating in a broad range of commercial sectors (from heavy industry to retail) from 2000 onward he has developed a strong association with clients from the technology, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and life sciences sectors
Academic and Professional Background
- 2011 to date – Principal, Theobald Associates
- 2007 to 2011 – Of Counsel, Morrison & Foerster (UK) LLP
- 2000 to 2004 – Associate Solicitor, Arnold & Porter
- 1998 to 2000 – Assistant Solicitor, Linklaters
- 1996 to 1998- Trainee Solicitor, Linklaters & Paines
- 1995 -University of Leicester, BA (Hons)
- 1996 -Oxford Institute of Legal Practice, Post-Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
Affiliations and Industry Associations
- Member of the City of London Law Society
- Member of the City of London Solicitors Company
- Member of OBN
- Advising the management of Abzena plc on the acquisition of Philadelphia-based biopharmaceutical manufacturing and development company, The Chemistry Research Solution and associated placing to raise £20 million.
- Advising the management and key shareholders of Evgen Pharma plc on the reorganisation of the corporate structure of the Company and subsequent Admission of such to AIM.
- Advising the management and shareholders of ReViral Ltd, a privately held anti-viral drug discovery and development company in relation to the conduct of a US$21 million Series A equity fundraising.
- Advising the management of Abzena plc on the acquisition of San Diego-based biopharmaceutical manufacturing and development company, PacificGMP.
- Advising the shareholders and management of UK privately held biotechnology company in relation to the entering into of an option agreement with a major multinational pharmaceutical company, to acquire the private company at the completion of its Phase I one trials of its lead product, for consideration of up to €90 million with the possibility of associated milestone payments.
- Advising the management and key shareholders of Abzena plc on the reorganisation of the corporate structure of the Company and subsequent Admission of such to AIM and associated fundraising of £20 million.
- Advising the management and key shareholders of Q Chip Ltd, a privately held Cardiff-based specialist drug development company with novel encapsulation and delivery technology by Midatech Plc, and associated Admission of the combined entity to AIM.
- Advising the management and founding shareholders of a privately held on-line retail platform, involved in the promotion and distribution of boutique fashion in relation to the initial structuring, commercial arrangements and funding of the company, together with its subsequent successful disposal to a large multinational publishing and fashion house.
- Advising the management of a large privately held woundcare company as part of an ongoing advisory relationship in respect of the reorganisation of its corporate structure and multiple acquisitions of corporate entities, operating businesses and product lines.
- Advising the owner and founder of a web development and design business in relation to the acquisition of such by a large multinational privately held company specialising in mobile employee engagement software.
- Advising the management of a large privately held biotechnology company, PolyTherics Ltd, in respect of the acquisitions of Antitope Limited together with the negotiation and entering into of multiple licensing and collaboration agreements.