Ned Fenston, Special Counsel
Ned is a solicitor, qualified in England and Wales, with a background initially in private practice at Simmons & Simmons before moving in-house in life sciences.
Prior to joining Theobald Associates, Ned spent 4 years at the HIV specialist company ViiV Healthcare and 11 years at GlaxoSmithKline. He gained very broad experience holding global, regional and country head of legal roles, working closely with executive management and as a member of cross-functional teams. His international experience covers Europe, the US, Asia Pacific and emerging market countries.
Ned has managed many different types of commercial, corporate, regulatory and IP matters, covering all aspects of a medicine’s lifecycle. This includes contentious matters, such as Patent and Trade Mark litigation, commercial disputes, Competition Law matters as well as external and internal investigations.
- Collaboration agreements for development and commercialisation of medicines
- Business Development, Licensing, M&A, Alliance Management
- Global market access and product launches
- Manufacturing and supply chain
- IP and commercial litigation and settlements
- Regulatory, Safety/Pharmacovigilance and Quality
- Pharmaceutical promotion and marketing
- Clinical Trials
- Competition Law
- Data Privacy
- Compliance and risk management
Professional and Academic Background
- June 2022 to date – Special Counsel, Theobald Associates
- 2018 to 2022 – ViiV Healthcare
- 2007 to 2017 – GlaxoSmithKline
- 2005 to 2007 – Wyeth Pharmaceuticals (now Pfizer)
- 2000 to 2005 – Simmons & Simmons
- 1997 to 1999 – The University of Law, London (formerly the College of Law)
- 1993 to 1996 – University of Oxford, BA (Hons)