Andrew Freeman – Special Counsel
Direct Tel: 020 3747 3815
Mobile Tel: 07775 713 014
Andrew is a solicitor qualified in England and Wales maintaining a general corporate practice with expertise in providing services to clients operating in the financial and technology sectors, with a particular focus on working with financial institutions and asset servicing institutions.
Alongside his significant private practice expertise gained with leading UK and European firms, Andrew has more than 10 years’ experience of holding senior in-house legal roles with major financial and banking institutions on both a permanent and seconded basis.
In this regard, Andrew has developed a highly regarded and valuable understanding of the commercial and regulatory contexts applicable to those operating in the UK financial sector.
In addition, throughout his career, Andrew has maintained a general corporate and commercial advisory practice. Given his experience in both private practice and in-house roles, Andrew has been involved in significant transactions from both the adviser and client perspective, giving him a unique insight into the needs and concerns of clients in this regard.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- General Corporate Advisory & Contractual Support
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Funding Arrangements (debt and equity)
- Financial Regulatory Advisory Support
- Start-Up and Venture Capital Transactions
- Outsourcing Transactions
- General commercial contracts, including distribution, supply and service provision
- January 2016 to date – Special Counsel, Theobald Associates
- June 2015 to May 2016 – Assignment to Societe Generale, London
- January – May 2015 – Assignment Bank of New York Mellon
- 2010 to 2014 – HSBC Securities Services, Solicitor & Senior Legal Counsel
- 2006 to 2010 – The Northern Trust Company, Solicitor and Senior Legal Counsel
- 2004 to 2006 – State Street Bank & Trust Company – Solicitor and Legal Counsel
- 2000 to 2004 – Haarmann Hemmelrath, Corporate Solicitor
- 1998 to 2000 – Denton Wilde Sapte, Trainee Solicitor
- Aston University – BSc (Hons), Managerial & Administrative Studies
- SOAS, University of London – Corporate Finance and Banking & Finance